by Pierre Richard Cadeau
As a wedding photographer, I breathe and live wedding. During my 10 years in the wedding industry, I’ve heard and seen a lot of things. For that reason, I believe that I have enough experience to share some advice to all of my friends who happen to have a friend who is getting married. This is a list of 5 things I believe no one should ever say to a friend that announces that he or she is getting married.
- Finally. Never say to a bride-to-be that finally she is getting married. That will make her feel old, and assume that no one thought that one day she would get married.
- Can you afford it? Come on, how dare you? Never put your nose in the financial business of someone who is getting married if he or she does not invite you.
- I hope he is the right guy for you. I was shocked when I heard a guest said that to a bride on her wedding day as everybody was presenting wishes to the couple. Please do not say that to the bride.
- You just met him\her! Are you sure this is what you want? It is not your place to know what he/she wants. According to the US matrimonial laws only adults can get married, if they believe that they are ready, believe them.
- I’m not a big fan of weddings but I’m happy for you. If you are not a big fan of wedding how can you be happy for someone who is getting. That statement also means that you do not care. Just because you do not like something does not mean everybody does not like it.